A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Proofreader to join my clients expanding team! The successful candidate will be the bridge between creative and technical aspects, to ensure the accuracy and quality of written content, images, and branding across various media.
Candidates who apply for this role must have a full UK driving license with access to their own vehicle.
A competitive salary of £28,000 – £30,000 per annum DOE will be offered with excellent benefits with Hybrid working!
Working with the Quality Assurance team in a fast paced environment, your primary responsibility is to ensure the accuracy and quality of written content, images, and branding across various media. You will leverage your expert skillset to provide crucial support to the team, focusing on maintaining brand adherence and taking charge when necessary.
You will also play a key part in shaping the editorial tone and voice of each client, contributing to the development and enhancement of content strategies. Your role extends beyond meticulous proofreading; you will actively participate in creative discussions, offering valuable insights to refine and elevate the overall quality of communication.
As a Senior Proofreader, you’ll ensure not only grammatical precision but also seamless integration of visual elements with textual content. Your keen eye for detail will be instrumental in guaranteeing a consistent and polished brand image across diverse platforms.
- Ensure requests and briefs contain all necessary information working withing brand guidelines
- Review, evaluate, and correct written text, images (size, position, crop, content), branding, consistency, and misrepresentation.
- Assess work across all departments, spanning emails, ads, leaflets, brochures, social media, video, signage, and more.
- Stay updated on language usage, grammatical developments, and new phrases.
- Sub-edit or smooth text to maintain a consistent voice when necessary.
- Collaborate directly with other departments to clarify or resolve queries, addressing work problems, misinterpretations, or potentially libellous material.
- Utilise Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite software.
Keep administration systems up-to-date and prioritise good housekeeping practices. This includes archiving old files and maintaining accurate client details.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and instructions at all times.
- Perform any other duties reasonably required in line with your main responsibilities.
- A degree in English, Journalism, Publishing or Publishing Studies, Media, or Electronic Media would be desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the English language, including strong written English skills in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Previous experience proofreading or editing written content.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Knowledge of standard proofreading practices, procedures, and concepts
- Accuracy, and keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the production process of online and offline work.
- Working extensively on digital content.
If you feel you fit the requirements for this role and would like to discuss it in more detail, please contact the Pursuit Office on 01245 362 500
Pursuit Resources Group are an established recruitment agency based in Essex. We recruit across many industry sectors within Essex, Herts, Suffolk, London and beyond. We cover both the permanent and the temporary recruitment market. For more details visit our website – www.pursuitgroup.co.uk or alternatively find us on social media under ‘@pursuit group’. To be notified of all the latest positions please follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.