You Rarely Get A Second Chance To Make A First Impression! Don’t worry, it’s natural to be nervous, just remember that other candidates attending the interview feel the same way.
With this in mind here are a few tips on how to be prepared and how to make a good impression on your potential employer.
- If at all possible attend our pre-interview course. In this we cover the vacancy, the company, the job specification and help to calm your nerves!
- Try to find out as much as possible about the organisation in terms of what it does, it’s culture and their business competitors. Remember knowledge is power! (The Internet is excellent for this)
- Remember interviews are a two-way process. It’s essential that you find out all you kneed to know about the role and the people you will be working with. Have at least two key questions to ask your interviewer.
- Always arrive early and make sure you know exactly where the interview is being held and the name of the person who will be interviewing you.
- Dress in smart and professional business clothing to show you take the interview seriously-nothing should be in excess, ensure you are comfortable in your dress.
- Don’t be anyone but yourself. Use a firm handshake and frequent eye contact. Be confident yet modest.
- Answer questions factually, completely and to the point. Keep in mind that you alone can ‘sell’ yourself; don’t answer questions with a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
- Be aware of how you project yourself. Always be confident and professional and build a rapport with the interviewer.